Frequently Asked Questions
Is Yoga ok during pregnancy?
Yoga is great during pregnancy, even if you’ve never done it before. In fact, some women do their first ever yoga class while they are pregnant. It’s best not to start classes until you’ve entered your second trimester. A good amount of health information is collected before your first class and we'll work together with you regarding any modifications that may be required.
When can I start doing Yoga for Mums classes?
After the birth, you will have a scheduled 6 week check up with your Midwife, Obstetrician or GP. At this appointment they will tell you if you have the all clear to return to gentle exercise. When that happens, we’d love to see you!
What should I bring to a yoga class?
- Yoga Mats and equipment are provided. If you like, you can use a specialised non-slip yoga towel over the top of your mat although it's not necessary.
- Bring a drink of water and if you’re pregnant with low blood sugar you’re welcome to bring a light snack.
- Wear comfortable clothes that are easy to move in.
Is there any class etiquette I should know about?
- Please turn your phone off or place it on silent before you come in.
- Remove your shoes as soon as you’re in the door and place with your bags etc. to the side of the room keeping the space around your mat clear.
- Please leave valuables at home.